Artesia Public School District is located in Artesia, New Mexico. Comprised of 10 schools, we serve students located in Artesia and the surrounding areas. We are a community of educators committed to providing a “Superior Quality Education for All Students.” We provide a safe atmosphere for learning and a myriad of enrichment opportunities for students and their families.
Our mission is to develop each individual student’s self-reliance instilling a belief that everybody can make a difference and a worthy contribution to society.
- We believe that the needs of our students take priority over all else.
- We believe that the teacher is the single most influential factor in the classroom.
- We are responsible for teaching standards, preparing students for college and career.
- In partnership with families and community members, we will assist students in the acquisition and display of admirable personal qualities and values.
- Common Core math and language arts standards to prepare students for college and career
- Honors and Advanced Placement courses in grades 6-12
- Enrichment in grades 1-5
- Access to online learning through IDEAL-NM
- Opportunities to earn high school and college credit simultaneously
- Before and after school programs for remediation and extension
- Intervention classes for additional help in math and reading
- Special education services
- Bilingual services
- Access to modern technology including Smartboards, computer labs, mobile computer labs, laptops, iPads, wireless networks, and digital learning
- AHS grads have a unique opportunity for significant financial assistance to attend the college or university of their choice